Paul has more than 35 years of experience representing businesses and individuals in civil litigation. After serving as the Managing Partner at the prominent Raleigh firm of Jordan Price for more than 15 years, Paul joined Miller Monroe & Plyler to continue his focus on business and commercial litigation, mediation, arbitration, and administrative law. He represents business clients in a variety of matters, including shareholder and LLC member litigation, collections, contract disputes, and variety of other civil matters. Paul is a NCDRC Certified Civil Superior Court Mediator, often mediating family and business disputes and serving as an arbitrator, as well. He is a frequent lecturer and has written numerous articles on legal ethics, civil practice, mediation, and the rights of creditors.
Paul’s notable clients have included national lenders, loan servicers, regional banks, and individuals on creditor’s rights matters throughout North Carolina, companies and principals in complex shareholder/membership disputes, and international corporations and contractors in large arbitration matters.
Mediation and Arbitration
After 35 plus years as an advocate, Paul enjoys the opportunity to help parties resolve their disputes through his mediation and arbitration practice. As a North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission Certified Superior Court Mediator, Paul is also available to use his experience to assist lawyers and parties resolve differences, whether in pending litigation or otherwise. To view the Flick Dispute Resolution Available Dates Calendar online, click here. Paul will work hard to achieve settlements when such is possible. While in person mediations are the ideal practice, online mediations are also available upon agreement of all parties.
- NCDRC Certified Civil Superior Court Mediator
- Council Member, NCBA Dispute Resolution Section, 2016-2019
- Member, Fee Dispute Committee Mediator, Wake County Bar Association, 2014-2020
- Trained in Collaborative Law
- Member, North Carolina State Bar and Tenth Judicial District
- North Carolina Board of Nursing Administrative Hearing Officer, 1999-Present
- General Counsel, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Eastern North Carolina, Inc., 1987-1992
- Member, Board of Visitors, Wake Forest University School of Divinity, 2021-2024
- 2012, Business Leader of the Year Recipient
- 2013, 2016, 2023 “Legal Elite” – Litigation
- 2018 – 2022 Super Lawyers – Business Litigation
- 2023 Super Lawyers – Alternative Dispute Resolution
- AV Peer Review rated since 2002
- Member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals since 2019
- 2019 – 2021 America’s 100 Top “Bet-The-Company Litigators”
Paul is married to Lesa Turner Flick, and between them, they share four remarkable adult children. They enjoy any gathering with family and friends. When not working, Paul enjoys hitting tennis balls, running, and live sporting and music events.
Paul is a proud “Double Deacon” and a “preacher’s kid” with three siblings – all in North Carolina. Their father and mother’s dedication led them to live and establish churches in Maryland, Tennessee, and North Carolina. Paul and Lesa live near N.C. State and enjoy downtown Raleigh.